Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
2. His style was portraits that were up close and personal.
2. His photographic style was black and white and he took his most captivating pictures in Yosemite Park. He focused on beauty in nature.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
During the 1960s, Warhol began painting popular American products and various celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe. Then he began producing prints using the silk screen method. He continued painting and silk screening consumerism throughout his life. He even stated "
During the 1960s, Warhol began painting popular American products and various celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe. Then he began producing prints using the silk screen method. He continued painting and silk screening consumerism throughout his life. He even stated "I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They're so beautiful. Everything's plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic."
2. Who are some of the famous people or things he has photographed?Campbells Soup, Marilyn Monroe, Coca-Cola, Troy Donahue, Elizabeth Taylor
In 1970, Annie Liebovitz began working for Rolling Stones magazine. By 1973, she was named Chief Photographer. Two years later, she was the concert tour photographer for the Rolling Stones' Tour of the Americas. She photographed many celebrities, such as John Lennon and Yoko Ono. She was the last to photograph Lennon alive. In the 80s, she took photos of various celebrities for an American Express ad campaign, after leaving Rolling Stones' magazine in 1983. She held an exhibition in 1991 at the National Portrait gallery. Her work then traveled during the millenium, featuring many celebrity photos and a picture of Queen Elizabeth II of England. A scandal arose, however, in 2008 when Liebovitz took topless photos of 15 year old celebrity Miley Cyrus. Liebovitz claimed "The photograph is a simple, classic portrait, shot with very little makeup, and I think it is very beautiful." Liebovitz is still taking photos today.
2. What celebrities has Liebovitz photographed?Liebovitz has photgraphed John Lennon, Queen Elizabeth II, and Miley Cyrus.
Monday, April 20, 2009
2)A camera where the photographer sees exactly the same image that is exposed to the film and can adjust everything by turning dials and clicking buttons.
3) The camera's aperture is the amount of light let into the camera and onto the picture. A smaller aperture lets in less light while a larger aperture lets in more light.
4) The shutter speed controls how much light is let into the camera.
5) Film speed, aperture size, and shutter speed.
6) Low speed film because they are optimal for brighter shots.
7) Film is placed in developing agent, rinse film with water, fixing bath, and film is washed again
8) Enlarger and black and white paper
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
This picture exhibits space because it represents the distance between to objects, or negative space.
This picture shows value because its a representation of the scale of different levels of light.
This picture represents shape because its a two dimensional representation of a collection of lines.
This picture is a representation of line because it shows the outline that defines the shape of an object (i.e the crest of the sand and the lines in the sand).
This picture represents form because it attempts to show the three dimensional contours of this bird.
This picture represents texture because it appears to have a distinctly rough feeling
This picture exhibits the three elements of color: hue, intensity, and value
This picture represents movement because it gives the viewer a feeling of action and draws his eyes throughout the work
This picture illustrates the principle of unity because it utilizes all the space, creating a sense of wholeness
This picture shows variety because it utilizes contrasting elements of art that give it a sense of difference
This picture demonstrates balance because it gives off a feeling of equality in value and other elements
The picture shows emphasis because it draws the viewers eyes to a focal point
This picture illustrates contrast because it creates difference between the two sides of the work
This picture shows rhythm and pattern because it is repetitive and creates a sense of design